Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Listening to the small things

If you believe that things happen for a reason, do you ever ponder what that reason is, while in the moment? I do believe even the small things in our lives happen for a reason. Yes, even the negative, horrible things. It is up to me to choose how I respond to them.

Yet, while it is possible that I simply think way too much, I can't help wondering sometimes if it's not just to play with your head, just a cosmic joke?

I do believe that everything I do, everything I think is what brought me to here, made me who I am today. That every step of the way was necessary, all the pain and all the joy. Though I may not always understand why, I know that each one of my choices are important, that I am choosing my future. However, if I think TOO much about that, it can immobolize me!

But why, after months of early (day 11-12) ovulation, has this cycle decided to wait 18 whole days to have me ovulate on Christmas Day? Did my griping about being cursed in December bring on yet another "December to remember"???

They say there is always a reason, and everything in our lives has a deeper side, a greater meaning. It is often easy for me to see this when I am looking back, but in the moment, I am left wondering and waiting to find the reason beyond the confusion and sometimes pain...

No comments: