Friday, June 09, 2006

Thanks to Cricket for bringing the first article to my attention. So many celebrities are in the news lately, with happy faces and beautiful babies. But often overlooked are their losses, the babies that didn't make it, the grief they suffer, just like the rest of us.


Sinitta 'devastated' over loss of her baby twins

Eighties pop star Sinitta's attempts to have a child have been dealt a blow after the surrogate mother carrying her twins suffered a miscarriage.

Kerry West, 34, was 10 weeks' pregnant with Sinitta and husband Andy Willner's twins.
A statement from Sinitta's spokesperson said: "This is a devastating blow to all involved.
"The pregnancy was in its early stages and Kerry was carrying twins.
"This was not their first attempt and they do intend to try again so we'd like to ask that their privacy is respected at this time."

Other Actors that has experience great loss:

The actor [Keanu Reeves] has already faced tragedy with regard to his own family: his late girlfriend, Jennifer Syme, gave birth to their stillborn daughter.

"Grief changes shape, but it never ends. People have a misconception that you can deal with it and say, 'It's gone, and I'm better.' They're wrong. When the people you love are gone, you're alone." Reeves says. "I miss being a part of their lives and them being a part of mine. I wonder what the present would be like if they were here, what we might have done together. I miss all the great things that will never be."

Former CHEERS star KIRSTIE ALLEY has confessed her huge weight gain started after she miscarried her only pregnancy. Said Alley, "When the baby was gone, I just didn't really get over it. Neither did my body. I so thoroughly convinced my body that it was still pregnant after nine months that I had milk coming from my breasts. I was still fat, I was still grieving, and I had just been told it was very possible I would never be able to have children. Fat, childless, with little hope for any future children...that's when I began to get fat."


Tori Amos: "I went through a lot of different feelings after the miscarriage -- you go through everything possible. You question what is fair, you get angry with the spirit for not wanting to come, you keep asking why. And then, as I was going through the anger and the sorrow and the why, the songs started to come. Before I was even aware, they were coming to me in droves. Looking back, that's the way it's always happened for me in my life. When things get really empty for me -- empty in my outer life -- in my inner life, the music world, the songs come across galaxies to find me."

More celebrities experiencing miscarriages can be found at:
http://babyfruit.typepad.com/baby/celebrity_miscarriages/index.html

No comments: