Saturday, December 24, 2005

Shattered Dreams: Poetry of Loss

Yesterday we got together with Rob's family and our baby's 15m old due-date "twin" was there. Such a beautiful baby, but still a constant reminder of just what Rob and I have lost, and may never have. My poetry after my 5th loss, is just as appropriate for my 6th loss, our first special baby together.




TO MY BABY
Oh baby, didn't you think I wanted you?
Didn't you hear my heart crying out to you?
Oh baby, didn't you know I loved you?
Didn't you feel warmth from my soul surround you?

Oh baby, why did you leave me all alone?
Why am I left with emptiness and sadness?
Oh baby, why did I never get to meet you?
Why'd you say good-bye before we've said hello?


I DIDN'T KNOW
I didn't know how much I wanted you,
I didn't know how much I care,
I didn't know how much I'd cry for you,
Till you were no longer there.

I didn't know my arms could ache,
I didn't know my soul could tear.
I didn't know my heart could break,
Till you were no longer there.

No comments: